Naas Family & Play Therapy Service offers a range of group work programmes for children and parents.
Children group work is offered in the following areas:
- Building Self-Esteem through creative arts.
- Bereavement Groups for Children.
- Group work for children /adolescent presenting with anxiety.
- Group Work to develop social skills.
- Group Work to build resilience and coping skills.
- Group work for children/adolescent who have experienced separation.
- The groups are small to ensure there is enough time and space for everyone and run over an six week period.
- All groups have a creative arts approach and will incorporate music, art, drama, clay works to assist children and adolescence to build their social skills and confidence
And parent group work in these areas:
- Parenting Programmes – creating a positive cycle in parenting and practicing mindfulness in parenting.
- We have therapists who trained as Incredible Years Facilitators, supporting families with parenting and facilitates one-to-one and group sessions.
- Co-operative Parenting after separation- shielding your child from conflict.
- Parent/child work to build attachment
- Mindfulness & Creative Visualisation to aid relaxation
The following are some books that you may find of interest. Or click on this link for more information: RecommendedBooks